Why do you prefer SenseUI/Stock Android ROM's?

Last Updated:

1. WiiZYBaBY

WiiZYBaBY Member This Topic's Starter

Just a small discussion. Curious as to why people prefer Sense-less ROM's. Android is the best cell phone OS I have ever used, and I think the SenseUI only improves it, aesthetically(sp?) and socially speaking. The tiny lag my Hero suffers is worth it for all of the beautiful widgets, the launcher, the Facebook and Twitter integrations and did I mention BEAUTIFUL? LOL. I have never described anything electronic as beautiful before! The stock Android look captivates me until I use it. It seems so bland and *ugh* to me. And as far as speed goes, the Senseless ROM's I have tried are no faster then the Fresh ROM I am running, and if it is it's completely unnoticed by me... But anyways I am just curious what reasons you have for using the SenseUI or stock Android OS, whether it be for apps to run more efficiently, speed, whatever. Just curious, might try a couple new ROM's soon.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

me.. I prefer SenseUI. I like the widgets that it offers and the look and feel on Sense. That being said. A vanilla ROM can be customized to be very similar to SenseUI. There are many home replacements out there as well as several launchers to choose from. Speed wise, it really depends on the ROM. Fresh 2.3.3 does have lag in the dialer. CM6.0 rc0 (Froyo) has ZERO lag. ADW launcher rocks and I have found that I really like how Froyo looks and feels. Once they get everything working in Froyo for the hero then it'll become a daily ROM for me.

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I prefer sense over stock android because it just "feels" smoother. It just feels more refined to me. Not to mention I really like the widgets and the ease of use.

Saying that, I am quickly getting used to stock android and ADW launcher with the Froyo ROM. OC'd to 710, it's insanely fast and feels very smooth, but still (to me) feels like there's a little shakyness to it, especially moving between screens and opening the launcher. I'm sure changing a few settings would fix that though.

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

after trying out a few aosp roms with no sense, I'm really starting to miss sense. My phone even when it was stock was pretty quick, the screen wouldn't swipe as fast as say launcherpro could but felt so much smoother and refined. I am currently looking into a stockish rom with sense and overclock.

5. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

check out the honeybun rom's on android central. They're literally completely stock, but with a few tweaks for speed, and can easily be overclocked

6. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I'll look into that one too, I know nfinitefx45 just released a new rom and between that, his stock rom, and damagecontrol, I feel lost. All these roms seem identical to me...

7. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member

IMHO Sense really takes Android to another level. some may say that Android is becoming too fragmented, but even though i've had some issues with HTCs RMA service and their QC i have to say i may be bound to them in my next phone purchase simply because of Sense. they really took something awesome and made it so much cleaner and customizable. the widgets they offer (most of them) blow away anything on the market and it really makes Android come to life IMO. if you've used sense and fully use the widgets they offer - going to Vanilla is very difficult...and i think that was their goal. good job HTC for accomplishing that. :p

8. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Every time I try to use a Non-Sense ROM, I always end up going back to my Sense based one instead. I just love the Sense widgets way to much to able to get rid of them. I have to agree, HTC made it VERY hard to go to Vanilla Android.

9. Oly

Oly New Member

Running Fresh 2.3.3 with Darch 2.6.34 710 OC Kernel is screaming fast while still incorporating all of the SenseUI widgets and such. After a few weeks of running Froyo on my Hero I just missed all of the bells and whistles that Sense includes. After playing around with a few non-Sense ROM's I've just found there is little comparison.