Why do you want your Evo's UI or os to look like other carriers UI

Last Updated:

1. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know I'm full of questions this evening. But I was wondering why people are trying to make their Evos look like Iphones, Windows phone 7, or other Android phones from other manufacturers like Samsungs?

I've seen some excellent creativity where it comes to wallappers and icons, very individualistic.

Justs curious.

Advertisement
  2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Not sure where you get that from. Look at the stickied "let us peak at your screens" thread

3. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

Personal preference I'd imagine. If I get an epic to replace the hero, Id love for it to have sense, or at least mimic the look as close as possible since its what I'm used to. (OT but, I just want another Evo with the epic's processor and gpu) Some comming from OS4, touchwiz or winmo (no matter what the relative benefits are or arent) may feel more comfortable with the functionality, or just the look, they already are familiar with. The learning curve on changing os or ui overlay isnt daunting by any means for most, but many may prefer just to continue on thier merry way using the new device in the manner they have been used to.

I guess the short answer is, because you can. Heck, the live wallpaper I'm currently using is the droid eye, not because I want my phone to look like a droid, but because I like the wallpaper.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I like to have the stock 2.2 UI with the sense widgets ripped out. That's why I use Launcher Pro now. Though I have to say, I'm still partial to GDE.

5. garen

garen Member

Because this.

[​IMG]

6. mrkhone

mrkhone Member

That's tight. How they do that

7. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member

To get rid of widgets and have only 6 shortcuts?

8. garen

garen Member

Put all widgets on QuickDesk like a pro.

9. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member

Do you really think that is the most efficient way to have an amalgamation of data on one screen? I don't even like how it looks aesthetically, it just seems like something a photographer would enjoy, but not me :eek:

10. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

+1

Form should always follow function in my book.

11. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member

That is bad ass can i get the info on that...including pics that came with it :D

12. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

lol, i think this question comes from the lets peek at your screens thread. and if anyone wants to know how to do it they should visit that thread.

i think a lot of it is just because i can. and because the evo is bad ass and it could look like any phone it wants to.

most of the guys in the lets peek at your screens thread just like to play with ideas and switch their screens nightly, hourly or by the minute.. lol.

you have 7 screens and 15 dock icons with LP to play with set it up the way want ;)

13. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I think you answered you're own question ;) It comes down to individual taste.

14. orbit734285

orbit734285 New Member

an option to invert the colors would be nice for using android at night... darker colors on the web might cause less eyestrain and make it more pleasant to read articles online

15. Stepintothedark

Stepintothedark Well-Known Member

I downloaded widget locker, and it has a different style unlock screen of course, mostly because I hate the stock unlock screen... but yeah I used launcher pro for a bit... and didn't really care for it too much...

16. Snow Gator

Snow Gator Member

It's not the point that EVO owners try to make our phones look like the other manufacturers it's that we have the freedom to make them look like anything we choose. The others can't say or do that.