why does Best Buy get things before Sprint themselves do?

Last Updated:

1. hendodo

hendodo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sprint were sold out of Evo's for a while, but Best Buy always seemed to be getting a shipment. Then how the he'll do they get the white Evo a whole 2months before Sprint gets there own product?

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Sprint doesn't ever want to be in a position to compete with retailers. They need the distribution they provide to increase their customer base so they will always allow the retailers to get shipments first before they do. Sprint is in the business of selling wireless service, the phones are just an excuse to bring new customers and keep the ones you have happy.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

4. mikebz5

mikebz5 Active Member

I don't think BB does get them first. Don't trust the Sprint online store. Call sprint and place an order. When I got my EVO, online store showed out of stock. I called and placed my order and had my EVO 2 days later.

5. MsRandall

MsRandall Well-Known Member

I am sure a percentage of customers buy from Sprint only ...so its not that BB is getting it first. BB has the phone available when Sprint has sold out.

6. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

I believe there more worried about keeping retail stores stocked then their website