• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why does browser keep closing

tigger66

Lurker
Sep 15, 2012
I have just bought new tab2 10.1 from Optus and when using the browser it will quite often just close and go back to home screen.
Like i said it's new, and i have no new apps or plug-pins yet, but i have checked for the latest updates.
It seems to happen more with multiple tabs opened.
Any help appreciated...I have just converted from i-pad to galaxy and hoping not to regret it.

I have just bought new tab2 10.1 from Optus and when using the browser it will quite often just close and go back to home screen.
Like i said it's new, and i have no new apps or plug-pins yet, but i have checked for the latest updates.
Any help appreciated...I have just converted from i-pad to galaxy and hoping not to regret it.

What time is set to shut off. Check it in the setup.

Reactions: tigger66
Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean, I looked in all the settings and could only find the screen timeout setting. This was at 30secs so i changed it to 1min. There appears to be a change now though not sure how that could have affected it.
But as the browser is not closing on me, i will take it as a win, thanks very much.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean, I looked in all the settings and could only find the screen timeout setting. This was at 30secs so i changed it to 1min. There appears to be a change now though not sure how that could have affected it.
But as the browser is not closing on me, i will take it as a win, thanks very much.

You have options from 15 seconds to 30 minuets. I set mine at 5 minuets.

Upvote 0

I have noticed too that the browser closes on various websites cause it can not handle the content. I tried several other browsers but the one that fixed my problem was the OPERA full version. It's a free download from Google Play store.
Hope this is any help to people who have the same problem as I did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones