• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does HandBrake take so long?

You can up the cpu priority by going into options and then under the CLI tab. I haven't actually noticed or tested if the higher priority improves speed but it should. It's limited to the processing power of your computer (which is your processor/cpu). Although it does take me generally longer to convert with HandBrake than it does with other programs.

Upvote 0
you dont have a powerful enough computer lol. I can do a 2 hours movie in about 45-60 minutes and that is the standard priority for the CPU

That could be it since I'm using my laptop. Although my laptop isn't exactly a slouch with a 2ghz Core 2 Duo, 4gb of ram and a Nvidia 8600M GT. With that being said, my desktop is more powerful so I should probably try that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones