• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does it only ring once now?

I have a stock Triumph that is about a month old. This is my 2nd MT. Had one for about a year before that too.

I just use a pretty basic ringtone. The digital ringtone. All of a sudden the other day it decides to only ring once, and has acted that way ever since. I have changed nothing at all on this phone around that time. I wondered if it could be an app messing with it but don't remember getting any new apps then either.

I have been doing some google searches on this and have read about 10 threads and NONE of them had an answer to it. I would think maybe it's just some setting that got changed but i can't find where that would be.

For now i just changed to a longer ringtone but would love to figure out why this is happening and go back to the basic digital tone i was using before.

Has anyone had this problem and got it figured out?

I have a stock Triumph that is about a month old. This is my 2nd MT. Had one for about a year before that too.

I just use a pretty basic ringtone. The digital ringtone. All of a sudden the other day it decides to only ring once, and has acted that way ever since. I have changed nothing at all on this phone around that time. I wondered if it could be an app messing with it but don't remember getting any new apps then either.

I have been doing some google searches on this and have read about 10 threads and NONE of them had an answer to it. I would think maybe it's just some setting that got changed but i can't find where that would be.

For now i just changed to a longer ringtone but would love to figure out why this is happening and go back to the basic digital tone i was using before.

Has anyone had this problem and got it figured out?

Don't know why it would have happened all of a sudden, but a simple fix is to make a copy of the ringtone in question and in a sound editor, copy it back on itself several times (basically, make it longer). I remember something similar happened to me when I moved from the OV to the MT and I tried to carry my favorite ringtone over.

Not really a solution, but at least a workaround. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones