1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Why does my battery take so long to charge?Support

Last Updated:

1. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

I do not get it. The ironic thing is that it runs out fairly fast, unless the screen is off and in standby mode, but at the same time it takes a very long time to charge.

This is what I am using to charge it:

http://i45.tinypic.com/34g8vbm.jpg

Is there, perhaps, another type of charger that isn't USB? Like a direct wall to phone AC charger?

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

What sort of time is it taking to charge? I'm about 2 and half hours I think.
  3. TarekElsakka

I have not timed it yet, unfortunately. The battery is at 42% right now (3:43 AM) and I'll keep checking until it is fully charged and see how long it took. Do you use the same adapter/way to charge your phone as mine?
  4. TarekElsakka

I am too tired to wait for it to fully charge and I am going to sleep. It is now 4:56 AM and it is at 74%.
  5. El Presidente

Yep I use the same method of charging. Just out of curiosity, does it say it's charging via USB or AC?
  6. TarekElsakka

When I go into Power under Settings it says "Charging (AC)".
  7. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

It could be a faulty charger. Do you have another charger you could try. It should be 5v 1A or at least that's what mine is.
  8. El Presidente

If it's picking it up as AC, then the charger looks to be ok.

Yeah, I timed mine last night at work and you're definitely looking at about 2.5 hours from 0-100%.
  9. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

true but the charge up to 80% or so doesn't take that long usually
  10. TarekElsakka

AC ADAPTER
    MODEL: TC E250
    HTC P/N: 79H00108-06M
    INPUT: 100-240V~200mA 50-60Hz
    OUTPUT: 5v --- 1A LPS
    D

This is what it says on the back of the adapter.

@El Presidente, mine DEFINITELY takes longer than 2.5 hours to charge from 0 to 100. Last night it took a little bit more than an hour to charge from 42% to 74%.
  11. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

another relevant thing is the dynamics of the power supply you are using. For example, charging from computer takes longer than charging from the car which takes longer than charging from a wall outlet (for mine.) So maybe your wall outlets don't push as many amps? or does that not matter? (i'm just trying to figure it out, I'm not an electrician or an electrical engineer or anything)
  12. TarekElsakka

Yes, you're absolutely right; however I am charging from the wall port (which is supposed to give the most power) and, as I said earlier, I had iPhones and BlackBerrys and they all charged rather quickly so I don't get it. I may look into buying a new AC adapter (not one that uses the USB cable) that perhaps connects directly from the adapter to the phone rather than from the adapter to the usb cable to the phone, if you know what I mean.