• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does my bluetooth suck?

computerpro3

Apr 22, 2010
I'm coming from windows mobile here so I'm not sure if this is an Android thing or the Incredible specifically, but the bluetooth implementation absolutely sucks.

I'm using the phone with the Plantronics 975, which is an absolutely fantastic earpiece. The problem is that it NEVER automatically reconnects to the headset after moving out of range and then back in. I've also verified this with an old motorola headset, so the phone is the problem.

With my Touch Pro 2, I could walk outside to my car to get something with the earpiece still in my ear, and the phone would disconnect and then automatically reconnect when I get back inside.

Not only does the Incredible not do this, but when I come back in, even after pressing the button on the bluetooth headset (which I didn't have to do on WinMo) it just says "paired but not connected" in bluetooth settings.

In order to get the phone to reconnect with the headset, I have to turn bluetooth off, back on, go into wifi settings and click "connect" EVERY SINGLE TIME I go out of range and back in range.

Coupled with the infamous lack of touchless voice dialing, I am seriously dissapointed in Android's implementation of bluetooth, and don't understand how Google can put out a phone that sucks so bad as a phone - especially when in many states such as mine, a bluetooth headset is the ONLY legal way to use your phone when you drive.

Any ideas how to fix this annoying problem or am I just stuck with it?

When I stream music through my cars using bluetooth, every song is as if someone panned the audio hard to the left (or right). for example, in every song there are certain instruments or tracks that are about 80-90% in one side, this creates the wonderful stereo effect and helps the song not sound muddy and jumbled. Anyone else hear this?

Edit for clarification: the music is in both speakers, just the instrumentation is off, like I cant hear (or barely) a certain guitar part or the string section is gone
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones