Why does my droid 2 not have a '.com' button?Support

Last Updated:

1. pjr710

pjr710 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I used both the incredible and the droid X in the store, and both keyboards had a '.com' shortcut button on the keypad, however my droid 2 does not. Do i have to enable something?

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

The problem is you made the wrong choice and got a Droid 2 instead of the superior Droid X.

3. pjr710

Actually..... my droid x is shipping at the end of the month. The droid 2 is just my substitute till then

4. chrlswltrs

Oh, ok. Glad to hear you made the right choice then. I really don't know why it wouldn't be there. I have it on my X and I had it on my Droid 1 also.

5. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

First of all this is purely a guess. The DX and the Incredible both use different keyboards. One by HTC, one by Motorola, so you can't necessarily expect them to offer the same features. The DX keyboard is made for a 4.3 inch screen and therefore has tons of screen real estate to use. Maybe Motorola thought that the .com button took up too much space on a 3.7 inch screen and they got rid of it?

6. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

The Droid X keyboard can't even capitalize the letter I in a sentence. Had to buy Better Keyboard.

7. chrlswltrs

Same here, that really bugged me. But I like all the skins for better keyboard too, and the number pad with the arrows is really convenient some times. I am using the oil slick skin right now. It looks great with the REVOlution theme.

8. jmz768

jmz768 Well-Known Member

I tried both and ended up with the Droid2. Bigger isn't always better.

9. pjr710

i really like the droid 2 as well, but i'm going to see how the droid x is. this is my first android phone so its a huge upgrade regardless.

the only thing that bugs me is that the screen is really narrow, and it doesnt do HD recording, have a 8 MP camera, and no FM radio.

other than that .. teh thing is sweet

10. chrlswltrs

And just for anyone thinking of getting the Droid 2 just because of Froyo, it is available on the X now, and best of all, I'm still rooted with Froyo.

11. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

You do realize that just because you feel that the X is superior doesn't make it so, right?

They have identical internal hardware aside from storage and the camera, neither affect actual device performance. It really comes down to personal preference. I, for example, feel that 3.7" is the best all-around screen size for me, and that 4.3" is just too big to slip into a pocket. So the X is actually a less desirable device.

I'm glad you like your X, but to make claims that it's somehow superior to a practically equal device is borderline fanboy-ish.