• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does my Droid NOT SLEEP?

gizbug

Nov 15, 2009
Chicago, IL
Had a full charge at 2pm today. It's now 942pm and I'm at 10%

I am running CM 5.0.7 Test0 build
Oc'ed at 1200mhz

Under spare parts it says under battery history
"Time spent without sleeping 6h10m

68% running
19% screen on
2.4% phone on
6.8% Blue Tooth on.

Am I missing something? I thought when the screen is off, the phone is sleeping.
user_invisible.gif
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=479780

Are you using Screen Mode Widget, Mylock, Keyguard Disabler, or any app of the sort? If so, they prevent "sleep", only allowing the screen to shut off instead.

Also, with a 1.2G OC, depending on the Kernel, you will be using a LOT of Battery. Make sure that SetCPU is set to "ondemand" if it isn't already.

What is a screen mode widget? I do not use Mylock or Keyguard Disabler. I can try to go back to 800mhz on the OC. I am set at ondemand btw.

Upvote 0
Make sure you have the following two things done in SetCPU (substitute the closest frequencies for the ones I suggest if you don't have my suggestions available):

1) Don't set your regular old overclock to a max and min of 1200. Set max to 1200 and min to 250. That way your CPU can scale down when it doesn't need that much power.
2) Make sure you have a Standby/Sleep profile, preferably at either max 250/min 250 or if that makes your phone take too long to come out of standby, use max 550/min 250.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones