why does my eris go dark in landscape?General

Last Updated:

1. barbsharpe

barbsharpe Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. puppeteer

puppeteer Well-Known Member

Polarized sunglasses. No, seriously. I just found this out the other day in my car. Was freaking out running navigation, as I turned my phone landscape and the screen slowly went black.

Thankfully, I inadvertantly saw the screen under my glasses and noticed it was still working.

Something about the polarization of the screen so it can be seen in daytime must not cooperate if you're wearing polarized sunglasses.

Other than that, it's either a software issue or hardware. :cool:

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Make sure you aren't covering the light sensor. Its right next to the earpiece.

4. txarsoncop

txarsoncop Member

Yep, same here. I have the same issue with my polarized Oakleys. Another pair that are NOT polarized don't exhibit the same 'dark screen.'

FWIW, if you have glasses with polarized lenses you should be noticing this issue with other displays, such as gas pumps, if you ever turn your head 'off kilter' while looking at it.

bill

5. barbsharpe

barbsharpe Member This Topic's Starter

Wow....you know I have noticed that with other electronics....Was thinking something was going on with those screens! OMG!

6. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Yup. Polarized sunglasses do the same for me. I don't mind it though, as I don't use my phone in landscape too much.

7. kwojo23

kwojo23 Member

I have polarized Ray Bans & my husband thought I was just going crazy when I complained that this was happening to me. Glad to know I'm not alone :)

8. nPong

nPong Member

If this is happening when your trying to use your camera, I would say you set your phone so that it does not auto rotate... I had that problem right after I said for it not to rotate, and as soon as I changed it back, it was fixed.