Why does my Hero not last all day

1. bimmerclubnc

bimmerclubnc New Member

Guys, I am having problems with my droid lasting all day even not using it. I looked at the idle time and it was the same. I dont think its sleeping like it should. I have read several articles but no def. answer. I am ready to throw this SOB out the door. Any suggestions or fixes?

Advertisement
  2. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

What you tried to do till now? From the several articles I mean. (the classic "always on" option is unchecked? for example)

What android version you have?

Do you always have wifi on? etc , you have to write some more detail about settings, apps you have and what you tried so far.

And get some battery monitoring app if you suspect hero doesnt sleep well :)
  3. bimmerclubnc

bimmerclubnc New Member

all of off except mobile. I tried a task killer but did not like it. I looked at my battery info and the idle and awake time are always the same. I have the Sprint Hero 2.1. I dont even use the phone hardly any and its dead by 3pm on a full charge. Where is the always on at?
  4. nedamdam

Well this is a htc hero (not the spring hero section) . On my hero its Settings >>> Wirelless and networks >>> Mobile networks >>> And all the way down with Enable always - on mobile, uncheck it .

If you already tried some other things as you mentioned, how old is the hero? Maybe the battery is dying :) . There is somewhere a thread about resetting the battery too.

But as you say that the hero never sleeps. Maybe try to find the app/service not allowing it to sleep. Maybe browse the spring hero section if it wasnt already resolved
  5. bimmerclubnc

bimmerclubnc New Member

if I check off the always on will it still allow me to go on the internet? The hero is about 90 days old. Under about phone I checked on the battery and
    cell standby is 45%
    Display is 35%
    Phone Idle 20%

all in the last 11mins.
  6. nedamdam

Yes you will be able to go on the internet dont worry about that. And from what you posted in the 11 minutes the hero was idle. You can install spare parts app there should be little more info (or try the secret code). Or for example some battery logging app.

Now since I am getting the feeling you didnt do any of the tips for battery.

A sticky
    http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/20511-htc-hero-tips-tricks-useful-apps-v1-6-a.html

and this http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...hero-battery-life-thread-tips-discussion.html <<< this should address your hero I guess
  7. I found the 2 things which mainly use battery is 3G internet and GPS.

I always have my 3G off unless I need it. GPS is fine left on as it only comes on when using an app which uses it.

Wi-fi seems to not use a lot of power.

Darren
  8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Moved to the correct device forum and retitled for clarity.
  9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

download spare parts, tap the top input box and select partial-wake usage, anything that is higher than android system is a problem.