why does my htc sync only sync one waySupport

Last Updated:

1. mr29rose

mr29rose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i notice when i sync the changes i made on my phone dont change on my computer outlook but when i change on outlook it changes it on my phone correctly.

drives me nuts. the settings all look fine.

im not sure if im better off with gmail for calendar and contact syncing. might just wasp from aol to gmail too.

also why cant it delete a single event in a series. it only offers me to change or delete the entire series. i used to be able to do it fine on every device i ever had.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Are you talking about calendar entries or contacts? There are two types of each, Google Contacts/Calendar, and Phone Contacts/Calendar. Phone contacts wont sync with the servers, while google contacts will.

3. mr29rose

talking about calendar. and i am only syncing via usb cable to my outlook on my computer. it never syncs both way properly. i made some changes today on my phone and when i synced at home it didnt change everything on my computer outlook. it should sync to make both devices the same and always use last item modified.

4. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

in the sync manager make sure your conflict policy says "use the last item modified", hopefully that will help.

i'm having the exact same issue and it's really annoying. calendar changes from my phone are not moving to my pc's outlook calendar. i can't figure it out.

if anyone has a fix or an idea of what's going on, please share.

5. mr29rose

All the settings look perfect. It's so annoying. All of my last 10 phones synced perfect. Palm, Windows, etc.
    It's making me want to switch to gmail for everything.

6. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

i won't get that frustrated... no interest at all in moving everything to the "cloud".

i'm a former palm treo guy and couldn't agree more. palm really had it down!

i'm really surprised someone here hasn't discovered a solution to this issue.

7. amard

amard New Member

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the ONE way syncing. Anyone have any thoughts??? I've tried EVERYTHING except finding the fix.