• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why does my phone doesn't recognize internal storage?

Suddenly my phone is unable to acces internal storage. If I try to use camera or make an audio note with Whatsapp, it says "please turn off USB storage and try again", and it's not even plugged. If I open file manager, I see no folders or files (thing that didn't happen before).
If I change the function when USB plugged from "only charging" to "Media device" it says that the process android.media.proccess has stopped.

I have a Doogee Valencia Y100 Pro and Android version is Lollipop 5.1. Rebooting does not solve it.

Reactions: aravindshetty21
Is this web dead?
It's just that not too many on AF have, or have seen a Doogee. It's a China phone, mainly sold in Asia. Not available or even really suitable for the US.

If a factory reset doesn't rectify it, could be the internal storage has died. If it's still under warranty, return it for repair or replacement. Not under warranty, you'll be buying a new phone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  1. t first, turn the cell phone off.
  2. Hold down the Volume Up + Power simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
  3. In order to choose "wipe data/factory reset" use the Volume Down to navigate and the Power button to confirm.
  4. Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.
  5. To restart the phone, select "reboot system now".
  6. Success! Your phone should begin the hard reset operation.
Second method:
  1. First of all, make sure that your device is on.
  2. Then from the home screen open Menu and choose Settings.
  3. After that select Backup&Reset and tap Factory data reset.
  4. Choose Reset phone and select Erase everything to begin hard reset operation.
  5. Well done!

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
If the phone thinks that USB storage is still enabled it might mean that the connector in your phone is shorted so it still thinks it's plugged in. Try plugging it in to your PC using a different cable. If the storage is recognized, then pull down the notification bar, tap on USB options and set it to charge only. That should unmount the device as storage and make the internal storage available to your phone. If it doesn't, then i fear something is broken and it will have to be repaired or replaced.

FYI it's fairly common for the USB port on a mobile device to break. They tend to be rather fragile.

Upvote 0
Suddenly my phone is unable to acces internal storage. If I try to use camera or make an audio note with Whatsapp, it says "please turn off USB storage and try again", and it's not even plugged. If I open file manager, I see no folders or files (thing that didn't happen before).
If I change the function when USB plugged from "only charging" to "Media device" it says that the process android.media.proccess has stopped.

I have a Doogee Valencia Y100 Pro and Android version is Lollipop 5.1. Rebooting does not solve it.
Try doing a wipe cache partition first before doing a factory reset..that android has stopped error message is normally related to issues with app cache data..one more thing you might wanna check as well if your phone is on the latest software version..it wouldnt hurt to check that as well..HTH [emoji4]

Upvote 0

Hii frnd this is the problem that I am currently facing with my galaxy J5.
Can any one help me please ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones