• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does my phone take its own screenshot?

I'm new to android forums. I have a question, my Motorola Moto E phone takes its own screenshots! I hit that square button on the right hand side and I see screen shots of everything thing I've done takes pics of my message's from fb, texts, pics, whatever it wants to. Does anyone else have this problem? How do I stop it? It's really tripping me out! Help anyone??

Welcome to Android Forums.

I think you are referring to the previous apps display. You can click on any one of those images and be transferred to the app. This display contains most of the apps that you recently visited that are still loaded and can be accessed quickly.

Try swiping one of the images to the right and it should disappear.

This is thought to be a service.

... Thom

Upvote 0
LOL - So funny!

They're not "screenshots", they're your recent apps (multitasking manager) which allow you to easily navigate between multiple apps at the same time.

This is by design from Android and makes using your device/apps easier by not having to re-load the apps your currently using.

No info is being "saved", and if you want to "close" the app simply swipe the card left or right to close.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL - So funny!

There not "screenshots", there your recent apps (multitasking manager) which allow you to easily navigate between multiple apps at the same time.

This is by design from Android and makes using your device/apps easier by not having to re-load the apps your currently using.

No info is being "saved", and if you want to "close" the app simply swipe the card left or right to close.

Upvote 0
Why is it "So funny!" just because she didn't understand what it was, believe it or not I'm quite sure a lot of us didn't know what a lot of things were in Android when we first started using it, ijs :/

Welcome to AndroidForums Theresa, not everyone is like this :)

It's a bit late for a welcome, she hasn't posted or signed in since December 2015.

Reactions: Thom and tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones