1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Why does my rooted phone not work like it should?

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Ok, my phone is rooted. I've got the super user app on my phone. When I run MyBackup Pro it asks for root privileges and it does successfully back up my apps, all their files and settings. I downloaded an app from the market that says it requires root permissions. It works just fine. Now, here's the problem.

I'm trying to remove some of the bloatware from the phone. I found one walkthrough that says you boot up into the Clockwork Mod recovery, mount the memory and run some adb shell commands. When I hold down the volume key and boot up while pressing power it boots into HBoot, not Clockwork. So, I looked around some more and found that I could use Titanium Backup to do this. I put Titanium on it and it said it needed BusyBox. No problem. I downloaded BusyBox from the market and put it on there. I run the BusyBox installer, the phone reboots and that's it. What do I need to do to remove the bloatware from my phone? Why does the Clockwork mod not work for me?

Advertisement
  2. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

3. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

yea once u go into hboot you select recovery and it should bring u to the clockworkmod recovery.
  4. A.Nonymous

Beautiful. That worked for me. Any advice on how to get Busybox installed so I can mess with Titanium Backup?
  5. kkl1993

well once u go into titanium backup, it will say you need root permission, which u have, then it will say you need to install busybox. click ok, then there is a tab on the bottom the says "Problems?", then it will say if you want to download busybox, then say yes or whatever it says.
  6. kkl1993

7. A.Nonymous

Awesome. That worked too. I had downloaded the BusyBox installer directly from the market and tried to install which did not work for some reason. Thanks for the help.