Why does my SD card only hold 8 photos?

Last Updated:

1. xtremebikeman

xtremebikeman New Member

Hi, I have a 2GB SD card in my HTC Desire but when I check in Settings>SD & phone storage it says the total space of the SD card is 60.00MB and that available space is 5.50KB. Currently I have only 8 photos on my phone and hardly use any apps apart from facebook and a couple of others. can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix this? Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You might get better info about what is at your SD card with a file manager like EStrongs File Explorer (free in Play Store).

ES settings should be set to "Detailed" about files.

Harry
  3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. I agree with Harry2. You will be well served by getting a file manager for your phone. You will find a number of quality managers free at the play store. They will more accurately reflect your storage usage. Thanks for joining our community. I hope you enjoy your time here.
  4. egorre

egorre New Member

Have you tried reformatting the sd card?
  5. xtremebikeman

xtremebikeman New Member

I haven't tried reformatting, what will this do? will i lose my data such as phone contacts etc?
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

You won't lose phone contacts, but you will lose any data on the card. I'd copy everything to a computer first.