Why does my SD card only hold 8 photos?

Last Updated:

1. xtremebikeman

xtremebikeman New Member

Hi, I have a 2GB SD card in my HTC Desire but when I check in Settings>SD & phone storage it says the total space of the SD card is 60.00MB and that available space is 5.50KB. Currently I have only 8 photos on my phone and hardly use any apps apart from facebook and a couple of others. can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix this? Cheers.

2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You might get better info about what is at your SD card with a file manager like EStrongs File Explorer (free in Play Store).

ES settings should be set to "Detailed" about files.

3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. I agree with Harry2. You will be well served by getting a file manager for your phone. You will find a number of quality managers free at the play store. They will more accurately reflect your storage usage. Thanks for joining our community. I hope you enjoy your time here.
  4. egorre

egorre New Member

Have you tried reformatting the sd card?
  5. xtremebikeman

xtremebikeman New Member

I haven't tried reformatting, what will this do? will i lose my data such as phone contacts etc?
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

You won't lose phone contacts, but you will lose any data on the card. I'd copy everything to a computer first.