Why does my vivid battery get so hot?Support

Last Updated:

1. hlodor

hlodor New Member

I got my new HTC Vivid 2 days ago and noticed that the phone heats up very quickly and my battery seems to drain fast as well. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it just because of all the power that the dual core processor is putting out or is it a hardware/software issue? I really love this phone and do not want to have to return it. If you guys have any tips to help reduce heat and battery loss it would be much appreciated. :D

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

A lot of the newer dual core handsets run quite hot (The Samsung Galaxy S2 for example), it's a side effect of having that much power run in such a small space.

Some of the battery apps give you an idea of the phones internal temperature so you could install one of those, see what the temp is? Anything above 40 Celsius would be considered hot.
  3. Kourt1313

Kourt1313 Member

My Vivid gets warm too but the battery doesn't drain. I've encountered this issue with my last couple phones and yes, it's the processor, but your battery shouldn't be draining. You may wanna give your service provider a call or go to the store and let them know your concerns just to be safe.