why does our mic suck?Support

Last Updated:

1. thegame2388

thegame2388 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

we have one of the crappiest microphones on any phone. i tried to record some audio/video with my camera and the freakin audio SUCKS! what gives? is there anything HTC/Sprint/we can do about this?

Advertisement
  2. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member

i even used a sound processor to try to improve the quality and it is still terrible.. it is meant for voices in a quiet environment.. any loud music or noises and your ears will bleed when you review your vid

3. thegame2388

yeah i was at a concert and it had pretty loud music. the video recording is a freaking MESS. the video is aight but the mic recording audio is GOD AWFUL!

4. drmull

drmull Member

It's not the mic's fault. It's the codec Android uses to encode audio. It's 8-bit and only covers 200-3400hz. In other words it's horrible and meant to barely handle voicemails - notice how crappy the voicemail recordings are. This is a BIG oversight and one that can be corrected if Android will build in AAC as the audio codec....then you'll get much better results.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

fixed it :D

6. thegame2388

Okay well WHEN will that happen??

7. thegame2388

anyone else?

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

As stated, the mic doesnt suck. If you use the app Tape Machine, which records in uncompressed wav format, it actually sounds pretty good. The problem for you is you were in a noisy loud concert environment. There are mics that costs hundreds of dollars that cant get a good sound out of that loud of an environment.

9. kirilart

kirilart New Member

I used Nokia E51 to record concert videos before. Video was bad, but sound was awesome, no matter how loud environment was. It was great for recording live performances. I never had any kind of distortion, check - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbrpq8ZK41o . Samsung Galaxy S has awesome image quality, but sound is just plain horrible. Does Android have any kind of automatic gain control on recording channel? It's a basic functionality any video recording device have to have!

10. Evo4sickness

Evo4sickness Well-Known Member

Ok just downloaded it and its amazing the the difference now the question is how can this be applied to recording for videos or when will it be applied. Because this is my only complain with this most Amazing Insane sickness of a phone.

11. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member

+1.. when will we see better audio recording mixed with the video recording..