1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Why does sync/gmail/market suddenly stop working?

1. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Searching around I've found loads of people have the same issue.

Suddenly you'll loose access to gmail (unable to load, retry?), market place and sync just shows errors. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FACTORY RESET!

Now I've found you can resolve easily by deleting the com.android.providers.settings older entirely via root, then rebooting.

at shell type:
    rm -r /data/data/com.android.providers.settings

THEN REBOOT.

You'll loose some settings, ringtones, notifications, screen brightness, but these are easily reset.

If when you sync you get a ! you may also have to, or like to, clear the data under settings>apps> for gmail, gmailstorage, contacts,contactstorage, calender, calendarstorage - DO A SYNC FIRST AND CHECK IN YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT ON A PC AS YOU'LL LOOSE ANYTHING NOT SYNC'D

But why do so many devices suddenly bork requiring this????? Does anyone know?

Advertisement
    :
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Anyone any ideas?
  3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I *think* I've found out why this happens! Why so many experience sync errors, or the cant establish a reliable data connection.

Turn off auto update the date and time and set manually.

I've found out after trying some things every time this happens that the date is moving around. Today loads of sync errors only to fine the date has shifted backwards by one year and one month on the wifes samsung spica i5700. When I corrected it, and got it working she then informs me that "every day the date when I use calendar changes around. Yesterday it was Dec 2007...." :rolleyes:

Date changed, and contacts, calendar, gmail all sync'd correctly and I had access to the market place and was able to download apps again.

Hope this helps someone else having issues on their android device.
  4. r00tedMike

r00tedMike New Member

THANKS A LOT MAN!!!:):):)
    I've been having this problem for a long time,llike 1 and a half month and you saved me! by the way the phone is xperia x8