Why does texting lag so much in 2.2?Support

Last Updated:

1. QMeli907

QMeli907 Member This Topic's Starter

So I got my Froyo today....and am HIGHLY disappointed.

The texting lags, terribly.

The phone lags, terribly.

Everything seems SLUGGISH

Is it just me or is this true with everyone's phone?

Is there a fix to speed up texting?

Advertisement
  2. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

Official OTA? I've read on more than one occasion that doing a full wipe fixes that... Sucky part is you'll have to reinstall everything or maybe back it up with Titanium Backup first.

3. QMeli907

QMeli907 Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah its was the official OTA. Got it around 10am this morning. Im in West Lafayette, IN

Wiping my phone is not an option. I did that wayyyy too many times with my old TP2 and now I dread it. This sucks..

4. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

You still keep your contacts (if you saved them to google & not the phone) worst case scenario, export your contacts to SD, and backup your apps. Your pictures and everything go untouched.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Froyo has been ridiculously fast and smooth for me. Chances are your system is just lagging due to apps or settings from your previous 2.1 setup not moving right to 2.2. I would get Titanium Backup to backup your apps, and another app to backup your contacts, and do a factory reset (I know you don't want to but it will be worth it)

Then just run those two apps again and they will install your apps and add your contacts again like nothing ever happened.

6. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

I got the update last night but it failed... I am rooted/S-OFF though... Not sure what went wrong, but I didn't want to just update anyway. I was trying to capture the update.zip file.

West Lafayette is a few miles away... I'm over near Cincinnati. I'm a new Hoosier, moved in at the end of April from Northern Kentucky