Why does the camera suck so much?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Blitzpwnage

Blitzpwnage Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am going to be purchasing an EVO coming up here and am paying $50 for it, I could pay an extra $50 and get the Epic, I dont like how the EVO has been presented as of late. Its been cute down. At one time I though it was the kind of phones, now it seems washed out. Please, convince me other wise

Advertisement
  2. JerzyIroc

JerzyIroc Member

Obviously you've never seen pictures taken from an Evo. The picture quality is really good. WAY better than the Samsung Galaxy lines. I've taken well over 2000 pictures mainly using the Vignette app. The only phone with a better camera is the iPhone 4 and that's because it's better in low light conditions

3. BKBitar

BKBitar Well-Known Member

Camera is completely fine in my opinion, just have to have a still hand. If you're looking for beastly photos you should probably looking to get a camera, which is, you know, actually meant to take photos. For a cellphone it is just fine.

4. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

I honestly have no clue what the hell you are trying to say here.

5. mmack66

mmack66 Member

It has been cut down. At one time I thought it was the king of phones, now it seems washed out. Please, convince me otherwise.

6. UTorange

UTorange Active Member

i think the camera and video are both pretty awesome. For everything i use the pictures from my phone for (on the phone viewing and facebook) they are great. i love them.

7. Blitzpwnage

I meant king of phones sorry. I was just swaying away from the EVO for a second.

8. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member

Just need lots of light like most other cameras.

Get a real camera if you want the best pictures, that's what they're there for.

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That post was in violation of http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/98274-zero-tolerance-policy-all-members-read.html

Please don't respond to such things, the mods will handle that. AF is really a great and helpful place, let's just concentrate on your issue and not other people.

I'm out the door but will happily point you later to some great camera threads in this forum.

You have to set things right and you can get great results.

Also, since the comparison vids have been made, the Evo's gotten H.264 recording for ED (480p) movies - way better than the previous MPEG4 stuff from before and that everyone else in Android land seems to still be using.

PS - Why not edit out your response to that bad post? Don't feed the trolls, etc.

10. Kiesow

Kiesow Member

I found that it is crucial to use the ISO settings for the camera to produce consistent pictures in every lighting situation. I always will change the ISO and light source to match my surroundings. I have no complaints with the camera.

Low ISO when in high-light situations; High ISO when in low-light situations.

The higher the ISO, the grainier the photo. Try to keep it as low as you can, especially outside in the daylight.

11. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Obviously you haven't seen the Epic4g's pics then. Sorry, but Evo loses.

12. it.

it. Well-Known Member

13. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

How many phone war threads are we going to need?

Get whatever makes you happy.

14. Blitzpwnage

This is what I am talking about, I know the EVO is amazing, but I dont think the camera quality is up to par with even a 5 megapixel camera...

15. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

16. bamaster

bamaster Well-Known Member

I don't think by any definition that the Evo 4G's "camera sucks so much". If you want to compare it to a newer top-tier device and expect the Evo to always be better, I suggest you never buy a smart phone because there will always be a newer device with improved hardware.

From those two videos, it does look like the Epic video is better. The frame rate, at least, seems superior. Did I spit on the Evo video for uber suckage? No. And neither did you.

The Epic and Evo are really for two different customers... ones who prefer the physical keyboard and the ones that don't, respectively. The Epic and Evo are both fantastic devices, no question.

But seriously, if you want a great digital camera, buy a great digital camera.

17. Blitzpwnage

I wish the title of the thread could be changed, I really do. Very poor choice of words on my part to be honest. Needless to say I agree with your last statement about the digital camera, that makes perfect sense and is a very good argument lol I am going to get the EVO no matter what though. :D

18. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

I've had my EVO since launch day and the camera in my opinion is good for a phone camera but it sucks compared to a real camera.

My Sony Cyber-Shot that is 5 years old and like 10.1 Megapixel BLOWS it out of the water even when set at a lower MP setting.

That said, the EVO is a phone that just happens to HAVE a camera, not a camera. It is what it is and the camera serves it's purpose. If you need a camra right now on the spot, it works for capturing your friends being drunk and stupid at the bar on a Saturday night. If your going on Vacation, I suggest bringing a real camera though.

19. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

20. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

seems the OP has had his question answered or has had his issues resolved. thread will be closed as we have a thread on photos and vids taken with the EVO already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.