Why does the camera suck????

Last Updated:

1. flamereaper

flamereaper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know if its just my handset or some bug but the camera sucks for a 5mp phone. I have seen 2mp phones which take better pictures....Is there any app to fix this??Can i expect an improvement in android 2.0???

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Post one of these sucky images, as I think this is a decent camera phone and I havent had any issues

3. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

Sorry to here that, as the camera on this phone is the main reason i kept it and deal with the "quirks".

Samsung gave us insane camera phone setting, try playing around with them to see if you capture a better image

4. yatimameiji

I used to have a Sony Ericsson K850i camera phone, which is more camera then phone. It took great shots, even in dark settings, like a club. The only thing I miss is having a true flash, which that phone had. But yes this camera, while not as great as that one, is still very good, even with standard settings.

As something I forgot to ask before, what do you mean by the camera sucking?

Funny thing, the face recognition feature(In portrait mode) doesn't work on black people. I hear the same happened with HP's laptops. Do software testers not think of these things? lol

5. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member

Maybe the cameras racist setting is switched to on, its happened before :D. I have to agree with everyone else, the camera settings are the best of any android phone out there right now(One of the reasons that im hesitant to jump to the nexus1 is the camera, that and im waiting to see what 2.0 does for b2). You may need to play with the settings or possibly return the phone.

6. yatimameiji

Oh something I ran into. I was getting this glow when the flash that turned out to be lint on the camera. So make sure its clean.

Kinda off topic but for those who like to take pictures, try out FxCamera. It creates some really cool lookin photos. I really like the look of the toy camera.

7. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member

Just tried fxcamera neat little app that is now beside my camera icon. Thanks:) for the find

8. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member

the camera takes decent pics. you have to adjust settings to your likings. i took pictures at a wwe wrestling event and i was amazed at how nice the pics came out

9. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

what are you talking about... this phone has better camera than any other phone that t-mobile currently has i guess you got a defective one or something.... i have both mytouch and behold 2 but behold 2 takes better picture than mytouch and also you have more options to choose from (more settings)

10. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

Mine was taking bad pics too. Then I realized that the way I hold the phone the camera lens makes the perfect resting place for my index finger. I mean like it was ergonomically designed for that. Needless to say it almost constantly had a fingerprint on it. I only have that problem when I hold it in my left hand. I have managed to train myself to not put my finger there, most of the time, lol.