• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why does the map gps suck?

this is a topic that has been talked about a lot. For some people the gps sucks for other it's great. If i zoom in enough, the gps/maps on my phone can show what room of the house I'm in so it works very good for me. There have been a few explanations offered why the gps doesn't work well for some; weather, satellites, etc. All I can tell you it works great on my phone (g1), inside or out, in San Diego.

Upvote 0
this is a topic that has been talked about a lot. For some people the gps sucks for other it's great. If i zoom in enough, the gps/maps on my phone can show what room of the house I'm in so it works very good for me. There have been a few explanations offered why the gps doesn't work well for some; weather, satellites, etc. All I can tell you it works great on my phone (g1), inside or out, in San Diego.

I want to know how you get the *GPS* to work indoors. GPS's are designed to, and 99.9% of the time won't, too work indoors. I think maybe you are using the "use wireless network" seting to get where you are indoors.

To answer the original posters question...

There is a chance its you GPS reciever. However that is a very slim chance. Most of the time it your overhead cover that blocks the signal. The GPS signal has trouble getting through thick tree cover, city canyons (tall buildings), very thick cloud cover and many other things. Turn off "use wireless" and only use GPS, then try going into an open area such as a football or baseball field. Then try the GPS, give it 3 to 5 minutes to lock on. If you still have trouble call customer service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones