1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Why does the same 20+ email messages keep downloading on my phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone keeps downloading the same 20 or so messages over and over and over again. I delete them and usually within an hour, they're all back again. How do I fix this? I never had this problem with my incredible.

Advertisement
  2. Romikemi

Romikemi Well-Known Member

Enable delete messages on server in the settings of the email app. It's set off by default, so every time you sync, there they are again.

3. CFD323

I did that and they still keep downloading over and over and over...!!!! I hate this!!!!!!!!

What do I do next?

4. CFD323

Anybody? any ideas at all???!!!

5. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

Just stop using emails, delete all your accounts, and keep off of INTERNET. That should help. :p J/K ......it is really annoying, i know. Just call tech support maybe?

6. Unico11

Unico11 New Member

Delete the email account on the phone and re-install it. Worked for me.

7. jday

jday Member

This happens to me from time to time. It will do that for a week or two and then stop; then some time later it will start doing it again. In fact, my phone hadn't done that for several months until a few days ago and it has been doing it now for those past 3 days. It is annoying. The thing is that I haven't changed any of the settings on my phone. Although the suggestion to delete the email account and then set it up again sounds reasonable I haven't done that in the past when I had this problem and it corrected itself. I guess I'll just wait until it stops doing it again.

As for the suggestion to set up the email account to delete mail from the server, although that would work, I want all my email to go to my desktop which is where I keep my emails. If I set up my phone to delete emails from the server and I receive emails on my phone when out there's a good chance those emails will never show up on my desktop computer at home. That's because my phone and desktop check for emails at different times/intervals so if my phone receives an email before my desktop it will be deleted from the server before the desktop has a chance to retrieve it. So, I'd only suggest that solution if you don't care if the emails go to another computer.