Why doesn't my favorite shortcut work!?!?Support

Last Updated:

1. tap58892

tap58892 New Member This Topic's Starter

Prior to my 2.2 update from this morning (which I am slowly not liking!!??) I used to hit the "awake" button and then "menu" instead of sliding that bar down in order to unlock my phone.
    Since this update that is no longer an option. Is this a bug?? Will it be fixed? If not, what was the point?!?!

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

I have heard others on the forum reporting this as well. I never used the menu button to unlock...so it doesn't really affect me. I'm not sure if it was designed this way or not. If it really bugs you...there is an app called "WidgetLocker" that allows you to put widgets on your lock screen and lets you set up any physical button to unlock your phone. It's $3 I think, but personally I think it's well worth it to get the widgets on your lock screen (i.e. - calendar, weather, etc.)

3. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

If you're not interested in widgets on your lock screen try No Lock. When enabled the Power, Volume or Track Pad buttons will activate the phone and there is no slider bar.

4. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Well-Known Member

UHF...nice suggestion...also...LOVE the signature on your post. More people need to READ before just posting...I've never seen a forum that is such a free-for-all as far as that's concerned.

5. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

I hope it works for you. I've been using it for a long time now and couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks for mentioning the sig. This place has become a fiasco after the release of 2.2. I know that when you get a lot of new people on the forum they don't realize that there is a search function or they may not know how to use it. But, really!!! I've been a Mod for many years and I've been an Admin for almost the same amount of time. This place makes me crazy with all of the repeated threads. If I were a Mod here I would have quit a while ago. I just don't have that much patience to be merging the same threads day after day while people keep creating new ones and could care less.