• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why doesn't my home screen rotate when I have auto-rotate set to "on"?

Moses614

Lurker
Jan 15, 2014
I have a Kyocera Event running 4.0.4 (no idea what dessert name that is, sry) with Virgin Mobile as my carrier. I prefer to do EVERYTHING In landscape mode since, well, our eyes are next to each other, not stacked on on top of one another. And indeed, every single other app I have where the screen *can* rotate *does* rotate to landscape mode, even other system screens such as the settings page and so on. Only the front/home screen doesn't.

Here's the other thing...once a week or so, it does. But then I can't replicate it. Looks and works just fine, but then it goes back to not doing it again. Again, everything else with this phone's hardware such as the accelerometers and position sensors works just fine. Heeeeelp!!

Jeff

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones