Why doesnt my news widget automatically download the news now??Support

Last Updated:

1. Bik

Bik New Member This Topic's Starter

When i first fired up the wildfire it had the news widget on the homescreen ready to go on BBC news. I liked the fact it automatically refreshed the news every so often. Now it has stopped working via the widget. I have tried removing and reinstalling the news widget but the widget just hangs on the message 'loading news'. I can still refresh the news headlines by going into the app but it seems an unnecessary hassle when it used to do this automatically. Why and how to fix this? The phone settings all lok okay.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I have no idea what the issue is so I'm going to move your question to the desire forum. Similar things have happened to me but it turned out to be a server issue, not a phone issue. Welcome and good luck.

3. CuppaChoc

CuppaChoc Member

I had a similar issue and rapidly gave up with the widget due to battery drain issues with auto syncing when in a 2G area.

My widget worked fine when only had one news feed (e.g. BBC News). Soon as I tried to show more than one feed then the widget did not auto update. Not used it for months now so maybe that issue has gone away