Why dont we get video chat ?General

1. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

Why dont we get a video chat built into our phones ? I have the option to video chat but it never works with any of my friends when i try.

Advertisement
    :
  2. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

You Need A 3G Signal To Video Chat With Someone! (H, H+ Or 3G)
  3. atmasters

I tried that and nothing. My friend I just tried with has a Galaxy S3 and when I got to his contact It shows the option to video chat but it never works ? He doesn't even have the option on the 3. It bugs me a little that we don't have something better then Facetime on Iphone. Android is better so we should have better lol. I know you can go threw google+ but it is a little hard to figure out for most. Skype sucks.
  4. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Skype sucks? Skype works flawlessly on mine over every signal above EDGE and Wi Fi. I've used it from my SGS2 to PCs, Symbian phones, a Nokia N900 and to places like Korea, China and India from the UK and never had a problem.

I have to say Face Time is not a patch on Skype or inbuilt video calling, but we Android users need a decent inbuilt video chat app.
  5. atmasters

For me Skype always cuts in and out. It will work fine for a few min then will get sketchy. not saying facetime is the answer but I would think that Android would have offered a better video chat integrated into the phone. On my phone it looks as if they started but never finished :( and I really hate the fact that you have to make arrangements to make a skype call so you can turn it on and sign in.
  6. mareng73

mareng73 Member

We have a Galaxy TAB 2 and are thinking of downloading Skype such that it can be used with WiFi in the USA calling our laptop on Skype in the UK. Will it work on this machine?
    Thanks
  7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I see no reason why not.
  8. atmasters

Well I feel a little dumb I guess we had it all along it is called Google Talk lol. I like how it works with 4G. I did not even know I had it all this time.