• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Why download the worse app?

Hi!

I made an app (i want to be eye doctor) which is an eye trainer app (name: eye trainer - 12 eye exercises). I have about 70-90 downloads per day which was not bad at the beginning but it is constant now. I added some expression into my description for more search result so maybe from now I will have more downloads. But what I do not understand:

There is another app which is poor, ugly and the creator "picked" everything from a website. This - name: eye training - eye exercises

And what the heck? He has about 600-900 downloads per day as I see. I uploaded my app on 22th of July then he uploaded his on 1st of August. But he plays dirty copying texts and the pictures from here: How to Exercise Your Eyes: 13 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

Lets see the ratings. I have 25 5* and 6 4*, he has 20 5* and 14 1*.. which makes my app with a rating of 4.8 and his with a rating of 3.4. Why do people donwload his app 10 times more despite his rating is way worse than mine, way more poor and uglier app..?!

I dont think he is promoting his app, it would be foolishly much money for an app like this, especially for a free app with no income except the ads.

In a few days I will upload the Pro version of my app but before I do it I would like some help to understand this. This guy might know something what I dont. What am I doing wrong?

I appreciate any suggestion, I am a motivated developer :)

Thank you in advance!

Greetings caodeveloping,

I don't have any apps on the market, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

People can tend to be lazy. It may not be that your app is unappealing, it could be that his app shows up first. People sometimes go with the first thing they find.

His app might do what ever it is well enough, that people don't go looking for a better one.

Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones