• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why five home screens?

Flickerdart

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
Just got my G2x, rooted it, slapped some Cyanogen 7 on top and it's quite nice all in all. One thing bugs me though - what the devil do I do with five home screens? I mean, the weather and clock widget takes up half of a screen, then you've got room for two entire rows of apps, and once you're done with that there's four more screens. Power control and music player barely take up another screen, but I can't think of what to do for the rest of them just yet.

What do you guys use your five screens for?

I only use 3. LOL.

1 homescreen for weather and clock, plus four shortcuts
2 homescreen music widget and four shortcuts
3 homescreen calendar widget and 4 shortcuts.

My dock slides so I have 5 shorcuts (phone, contacts, apps, sms and internet), and 10 folders. Using launcher pro.

Also if you use an alternative launcher, you can get each homescreen to be 10x10 not 4x4 icons.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you don't mind I will move this post to the rooted section for G2X as you will get much more views and get more advice from the same users. ;) Unless you prefer to have it in the lounge then let me know and I will move it back, just PM me

Just got my G2x, rooted it, slapped some Cyanogen 7 on top and it's quite nice all in all. One thing bugs me though - what the devil do I do with five home screens? I mean, the weather and clock widget takes up half of a screen, then you've got room for two entire rows of apps, and once you're done with that there's four more screens. Power control and music player barely take up another screen, but I can't think of what to do for the rest of them just yet.

What do you guys use your five screens for?

Upvote 0
I use Launcher Pro and use all 7 of the screens. Full screen widgets take up 5 of them (Facebook, Twitter, Calender, Bookmarks, Messaging). My main home screen only has a Beautiful Widget clock/date/weather widget customized to match my current wallpaper, and on the last screen I keep my app folders, Google search bar, and a few other widgets (My Verizon data usage, 1-tap Cache Cleaner, Where's my Car, System Panel app kill).
With so much going on, I don't go over 2 minutes for sleep mode, and if I know I won't be able to charge the phone at all for the whole day, I turn on Juice Defender.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones