• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why I am switching to an iPhone:

I can't deal with it anymore.

Every day, I look at this and other internet sites, and I keep seeing new phones I want. The Droid is cool, the Eris is sleek, this was controllable.....then it got crazy!

Then I wanted the Nexus 1, but it was quickly surpassed by the HTC Incredible, The Evo coming to Sprint looks amazing, The Sony/Erickson X10 looks beautiful, I want one.

It is all too much, there are too many new phones, each better than the one before it. Wifi tethering? wow!....

Everywhere I look, I see Android doing things never before thought possible on phones, and it is all just too fast.

If I switch to an iPhone, I'll only have to worry about a new phone every couple years, and they will all be the same, and I won't have to deal with all these new features and choices.

Who's with me?

:)

I won't ever go to the IPhone as long as it's on ATT(They are the spawn of Satan(but, that's another thread)).

I bought the Droid the day it became available, in part, so that earlier I got in, the earlier I could get out and on to the next great phone.

Here's the problem, the IPhone is suppose to come to Verizon as early as July. So, if come November when I'm up for discounted upgrade, I have to choose between the latest Android phone and the latest IPhone(on Verizon), that could be a very difficult call.

I'm hoping something will stand out so much as to make it an easy decision, but don't know what that would be yet.

Upvote 0
lol.

Its true, with all the carriers and the "fragmenting" it makes everything immediately obsolete without modding, if google can shell out great updates all the time and it gets to us quickly...its awesome.

For an iphone youre under their thumb and its generally for the masses (the majority of people on this earth are not tech savvy). Youre right, their cycle times on new products are quite nice. Good luck downloading "Mp3 downloader" on that though.

Its not for everyone...and good thing too, if everyone had a droid and no one had an iphone...I wouldnt be better than everyone ;-)

Upvote 0
No, I think UBRocked got it in post #4... :)

Yeah...I got it alright! Check out my new phone!

File:MotorolaStarTAC.jpg
33662-motorola_startac.jpg

File:MotorolaStarTAC.jpg

Upvote 0

Every day, I look at this and other internet sites, and I keep seeing new phones I want. The Droid is cool, the Eris is sleek, this was controllable.....then it got crazy!

Then I wanted the Nexus 1, but it was quickly surpassed by the HTC Incredible, The Evo coming to Sprint looks amazing, The Sony/Erickson X10 looks beautiful, I want one.

It is all too much, there are too many new phones, each better than the one before it. Wifi tethering? wow!....

Everywhere I look, I see Android doing things never before thought possible on phones, and it is all just too fast.

If I switch to an iPhone, I'll only have to worry about a new phone every couple years, and they will all be the same, and I won't have to deal with all these new features and choices.

Who's with me?

I started sneezing while reading this because I am allergic to BS!

I do like the sarcasm though. It really gave me a good laugh.

Kratos

Upvote 0

Who's with me?

You win +1 internets for every person you catch with this post. :D :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones