why i can not dial a call or receive call ?Support

Last Updated:

1. denniszeng2008

denniszeng2008 New Member This Topic's Starter

recently I found a terrible problem of my android.
    after start the phone 1 day, I found I can not dial a call even I have full signal, and if I try to call my android phone from other phone, my android don't have any ring or prompt.That means if someone call me, then I won't know, and the phone will have no log about the call!!!!

and after I found this problem I restart my HTC magic, and then everything is OK again, but later if will happen again. I don't what problem cause this thing happen, is there any method I can find out the reason of this issue ?

How can HTC magic be so unstable ????

Advertisement
  2. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

It could be your SIM card.

Press menu -> settings -> wireless controls -> mobile networks.

Look at network operators, is the phone seeing your provider? If not search networks, can it now see your network? If it can try connecting to it.

If you get a message like your sim card does not support connection to this network. Then it's a SIM card problem. I have it happen about once a month, take out the SIM card give it a good clean (I rub it with cotton material) then reinsert it. I then find it works without a problem.

3. denniszeng2008

Yes, when I tried to dial the number ,I found the signal is full. So it shouldn't be the SIM card's problem

4. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

You can have a full signal if the phone logs onto any network. If the sim card is misbehaving the phone will log on to the strongest network to allow calls to the emergency services, however as your sim card isn't working your phone number will not be associated with your device so you will be unable to receive calls or make calls to non-emergency service numbers.

As I said in my previous post, my phone has exhibited this exact behaviour before and is fixed every time I clean my SIM card and re-insert it.

I don't know what causes the problem as the same SIM card worked fine in my Treo.

denniszeng2008 likes this.
  5. denniszeng2008

thanks for your suggesting, so other than take it out and clean it , is there any better method to solve this ?

6. sun89

sun89 New Member

even im facing the same problem ... i noticed that wen i change my location , i cant dial/get any calls or msgs even wen the signal strength is fine ... wen i reboot the phone everything starts working fine ... is SIM card the real problem ? ..

7. jimrebello

jimrebello Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. It is resolved if i set the phone to 2g only which sucks. It isnt a consistent problem either. I replaced my sim and factory reset the phone to no avail. I called rogers and they are replacing the phone.