1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Why I dont get new email notifications

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Iam not getting any new email or gmail notifications also when I open their apps I have to refresh to see new emails. Why is this happening. I have 4.2.2

Advertisement
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

By any chance did you turn off the SYNC service in your Notification panel?

Did you try to toggle it on and off ? did you check your account settings whether Sync is selected?
  3. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Yes I have turned sync off because it may sync contacts and I dont want that. So can I only turn on sync to get new emails?
  4. amarie82

amarie82 Well-Known Member Guide

Yes you will need to make sure sync is on then go to your ACCTS and sync settings select gmail and you can check and uncheck what you want synced there.
  5. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

It says sync is currently having problems, will be back soon, but there is no option to disable sync for contacts.
  6. amarie82

My sync is having issues as well. But when you go to settings, ACCTS, and you see your gmail, tap on it and these options will come up.

Attached Files:

7. amarie82

I fixed my sync issue by unchecking sync background data and rechecking it.
  8. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I see this screen now what should I do
    [​IMG]
  9. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

You click the e-mail address to open sub menu for each of them. There will be a list of things you can sync under each of the e-mails.

Then open the notification center and make sure the SYNC is turned ON.
  10. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

This is what you need to do, erase the accounts, then when you reset each one, during the setup process there will be a screen with check boxes for syncing accounts, make sure to only leave the Gmail box checked to be synced, it's the last step before account gets added.
  11. amarie82

Here's my settings I have a galaxy nexus. I would uncheck and recheck auto sync.

Attached Files: