Why is an MMS message blowing up?Support

Last Updated:

1. FlyboyData

FlyboyData New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, new forum user here :D

Someone at work has sent me a (rather important) MMS message (5 pics attached). The guy is a Sprint customer, and he is using a rather old Samsung phone (which does have the capability).

First thing I noticed: My status bar says i'm on the edge network (usually, the location that I'm at I get 3G coverage in). I turned the phone off and on, still no 3G :(

I am associated with the WiFi access point here at work, too...

I do get an SMS message with a "download" button in it, but when I tap the download button, after a minute or two, I get a new message that says: "Message not downloaded" "Generic network failure."

Should I just wait until I hit a 3G tower that works? :cool: What gives?

Advertisement
  2. FlyboyData

FlyboyData New Member This Topic's Starter

By the way,

I was able to download the message in about two seconds once I drove down the street and had 3G coverage again. Why can't an MMS message be downloaded on the edge network?

3. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

It can, there is a bug when you have wifi turned on, it knocks out the data stream. Same thing happened to me and the Tmo rep had me turn wifi off and reboot my phone and all was well.

4. Beachboy007

Beachboy007 New Member

T mobile just released April 2011, a hard wire software update to the HTC My Touch Slide 3.0.
    It fixed my MMS problems, especially the annoying Generic Network Failure problem with my picture downloads. Now I can also speak over WIFI. Which fixes my dropped calls problems in poor reception areas.

FYI.