• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is "Maps" using 88% of Battery ?

tarponbeach

Android Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2009
Running the most recent 2.1 leak, and battery life is great, but:

when I check to see what is using the battery, this is what it reports:

Maps 88%
Cell standby 3%
Bluetooth 3%
Phone Idle 3%
Voice Calls 3%

I never use maps, so I assume it is always running for system purposes.

I could be mistaken, but I believe those percentages describe how much battery is used while that application is running. I think it just means that if you constantly had your camera/map open, it would use 90% of the battery. But yeah, if your battery life is good I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Upvote 0
Most people don't realize this, but if you use the Home button when inside an app, it keeps it running. Make sure you use the Exit option from the menu (not many programs have it, pour programming) or use the back button until you get out of the app.

There are a mix of applications that can use the Maps portion of the phone, just like the Photo Gallery, if a program needs even some information that relates to it, it could use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones