Why is MAPS using so much battery?General

Last Updated:

1. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i searched and found nothing helpful...but i keep GPS off. i only check google maps (latitude) every now and then, but i always close it when i'm dunzo by backing out, and then task killing.

however, under battery usage, my maps is at 87%, and has been for 2 days. what?!?! i don't even use it! wtfs it doing? any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

My Camera did that they other day. Used it for like thirty seconds and two days later, Camera was still on the top of the list... lol

Dunno, just cycled the power and all is well.

3. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good time to use Advanced Task Killer.

4. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems since I started to use ADW.Launcher... well except for the 50% without signal bug... stupid 2.1 OTA...

5. MrChips

MrChips Active Member

I had the issue with the camera using 90% of battery - even after I shut it down. It didn't appear as an active task either. Restarting the phone worked until I used the camera again. The factory reset seems to have fixed it.

6. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

I noticeds that, some apps that are free, specifically those with in-app ads turn the gps on. Likkely because they use location based ads. Best thing to do is get a gps-killswitch widget. Plenty of them in the market.

7. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

I just noticed my battery says "96% Android System, 2% Cell Standyby, and 2% Phone idle"
    Is this how it should be?
    I am getting GREAT battery life and my uptime/awake times are where they should be.