Why is Mobster ROM or any other ROM such a battery drainer?

1. Skelaz

Skelaz Well-Known Member

I'm using the Mobster ROM with the default kernel so the CPU is under clocked at 1.1 GHz max yet the battery drains as if it's the Midnight ROM with the Anthrax kernel.

Is this relevant to anyone else?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

Try the new 2.5 :)
  3. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

NO ROM is a battery drainer. You have a dumb app or rogue app running that drains the battery. Make sure you have the basic stuff like gps, full brightness, wireless networks, etc disabled when not necessary. You can also go to quick settings and switch power save mode to on as well as get juice defender to help a bit more. There is a whole bunch of stuff to do but writing the whole list will take forever. Also if you have the anthrax kernel you can underclock and undervolt with system tuner.
  4. Skelaz

Skelaz Well-Known Member

Just saw it on your thread, I'll give it a try. :) And thanks for the frequent ROM updates, this is what keeps me going back to Mobster, lol.

Even when I turn everything off with power save mode on, it takes about 1-2 min before a percent drops. This is for every ROM I use and on both batteries. I'll give 2.5 a try and see if it does the same.
  5. SuperAfnan

Factory reset? Or do you have a bad battery?
  6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Juice Defender.
  7. SuperAfnan

Juice defender helps but only a little bit. It varies a lot on your phone and what you do on it. One time I got 5x battery saving (no lie) on my Motorola triumph. On this phone its 1.2 - 2x battery savings :D. Also I have ultimate
  8. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

I'm around a charger alot through out the day so I haven't been paying attention to battery drain lately. However, when I was out of the country I had my phone on for 3 days (of course I wasn't using it and no signal) with anthrax kernel and midnight rom. If you wanna solve battery drain for good look into the extended batts