Why is my android os so high?General

1. darryjr

darryjr Well-Known Member

Hi all, I have one question. Am trying to figure why my android os hovers around 65%. I use Microsoft exchange and gmail. I have adjusted syncing, I tried a battery monitor and that told me 121 wakelocks, which in my understanding isn't too bad. I get 16-18 hours on a charge with moderate use, but still need to know if anyone else is having same numbers. I am on sprint if that makes a difference, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lynnwilliam

lynnwilliam Well-Known Member

Are you using the mobile data?
  3. darryjr

Yes, I am using my data, I have a corporate account and a gmail account. However, I have all syncing to a minimum. I am coming from the galaxy s3 and many other androids and have never had android OS running at 60% or higher, nor have I ever reduced the amount of syncing on any other device. Stay awake time is almost half the total of my battery cycle. I have never seen this so high, I have also read a lot of forums and there are alot of people with this phone that have similar numbers.
  4. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Hmmm, do you use your phone a lot or do you just let it sit idle all day?
  5. darryjr

I'm a moderate to heavy user. For instance, right now OS reads, cpu total 9min18sec keep awake 3 hrs on 11 hrs of battery use.
  6. thunder18

thunder18 Well-Known Member

The stats you mentioned are very similar to mine. I would not worry since you are getting 16-18 hours of daily usage. The wakelock number is right on par with mine too. Your avg hrs is similar to mine though I did have one day with over 30 hrs usage just as a test(3 hrs of screen time.)