Why is my awake time 99%!

Last Updated:

1. gbgguy

gbgguy Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering why my awake time is so high? I've gotten ATK task killer, and kill the open apps all the time. I definitely notice the difference in battery life. I unplugged my phone from an overnight charging around 10 am, only took one five minute phone call today, and other than that have left my phone alone all day, and it's down to half battery.

Advertisement
  2. wbbgjr

wbbgjr Active Member

Did you do the text message fix? Do you have task manager on auto kill on a process that automatically restarts itself, thus you are constantly re-killing it?

Here's one thing that I've seen mentioned in only a few places. If you power off the phone and then power it back on, don't let your phone go to sleep while it's booting. Slide the bar to unlock the phone and keep it awake until the boot is complete. If you let it go automatically to sleep then it will stay awake 100% of the time. At least it does it for me.

3. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

get rid of the task killer. i can assue you thats your problem. dont use the built in text message app either. disabl it and install handcent from the free market. your gonna have to reset your phone also. you'll lose everything on it. but if you get it to sleep correctly, your battery will last three times longer. take my advise and do not use a task killer. you dont need it. my phone works perfect without it. my sleep time stays around 7%-8% my battery is at about 40% around 10pm with moderate use. right now its at 70% at 9pm with light use today.

4. deviouskoopa

deviouskoopa Active Member

i have task killer and handcent installed and my awake time is 17% and my battery is at 77% remaining after about 12 hours of light/moderate use. it's not necessary to uninstall ATK, i find it useful for killing the few apps that tend to open themselves at random (sprint nav, music, IM, etc.). i also did the handcent/sms fix without having to reset my phone and lose everything on it. i think you just have to cycle power and not use the stock Messages app, and it'll work fine.

5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

power cycle your phone and DO NOT SEND a text message with the stock msg app. Install Handcent or ChompSMS. Go into the settings for the stock messaging program and turn off notifications for it. Trash the shortcut to it as well. At some point (when you reply to a msg I believe) you'll have a pop up question of which msg program you'd like to use. Choose Chomp or Handcent. You'll also get a text when you receive a voicemail. Reply to it, then go into messages (on the 3rd party program) and press and hold on it, then choose ignore so you don't get texts of vm notifications. It's pretty simple and you won't have the issue anymore.

I don't use a task killer, and I don't have any battery issues.

6. rsbenedict

rsbenedict Well-Known Member

I notice that although my awake time is <18%, that my battery drains a ton because at work, I'm in a border Sprint area and it's trying constantly to connect between 1x and EV and that's a huge drain on the battery. :(