Why is my Facebook app seemingly still auto-updating?

Last Updated:

1. farva

farva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a link to the Facebook app on one of my screens and whenever I open it and immediately click on "News Feed", there are posts from a matter of minutes or 1 hour ago even when I haven't opened the app for a full day or two. I am not root, using stock everything and have downloaded all of the OTA updates. My Settings > Accounts and Sync menu shows accounts only for Google and Weather, nothing for Facebook. Auto-sync data is checked but shouldn't it only do so for the accounts that are setup?

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

You are talking about the actual Facebook app. Go to the Facebook App home screen and then press menu and then settings and change your refresh interval

Bagua likes this.
  3. stevo746

stevo746 Member

It would be really nice if the sync settings for each program were to show up in settings under "Accounts and Sync." You pretty much have to make sure every program you download doesn't have a setting to auto-update, or turn it off if it does.

4. farva

farva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that's it ... figured it would be something easy but there's always a setting or two left to be tweaked.