• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why is my ringer.self muting?

2 timetimes now my ringer has muted itself. But all the volumes are maxes out and nothing is set on mute. I have sound manager on it, but it has nothing to do with the ringer, just notifications. What's going on?

Moved to troubleshooting. Have you checked the menu options,

Menu/Settings/Sounds/DoubleTaptoSilence

Menu/Settings/Sounds/SmartProfile:FaceDowntoVibrate

GMB

Upvote 0
Moved to troubleshooting. Have you checked the menu options,

Menu/Settings/Sounds/DoubleTaptoSilence

Menu/Settings/Sounds/SmartProfile:FaceDowntoVibrate

GMB

Thanks for moving it, I hadnt looked, but I just did and both are unchecked. Every other sound works fine, and under both sound in settings, and the app sound manager all the volume sliders are pegged, when I use the rocker switch it is full and makes the beep when you move the slider up or down. The only way I got the volume to return was to use the rocker to slide it all the way to off/vibrate only, and move it all the loudest again. Something to do with either the app Sound Manager, or my other sound app, Volume Control I believe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones