Why is my ringtone volume all of a sudden much quieter?Support

Last Updated:

1. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone's speaker used to be pretty loud. I could leave it in the kitchen and easily hear it ring in the other room. Starting yesterday I noticed it had gotten quieter for some unknown reason. Now I can't hear it in the other room, and it just sounds quieter overall. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

First, check your ringtone volume. If thats not the problem, HTC has a settings that automatically quiets the ringer when it believes the phone has been picked up. Try disabling that setting. It might be causing the problem.

3. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I turned the setting off-didn't make any diff. I also made sure the ringer volume was all the way up too.

4. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

This is what I do to make music louder when I play it through the speakers. When you put it on the table, make sure the speaker is facing the table. The camera lifts the top of the phone up so the speaker has room to breath. Also, when the phone rings, the table acts as a soundboard to amplify the sound. What might make the difference is the material of the table, or whether the phone is upside down or not.

5. kimf

kimf Active Member

I noticed mine was very quiet when I was holding it and it rang, with the ringer on the highest setting. I put the phone to sleep and set it on the table and called it again, then the ringer was much louder. A pretty cool feature actually! It must be the proximity sensor.

6. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

I think that feature is controlled by a motion sensor.

kimf likes this.
  7. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

If we are going by semantics, the technical term is accelerometer (why they choose this name beets me:confused:).

8. bbonox

bbonox Active Member

I'm pretty sure it works by measuring acceleration, that's probably why. Not positive though, I'm not an expert

9. not4real

not4real New Member

The ring Volume is terribly quite on my Aria Htc ph .I can.t believe how low it is..
    I miss calls all the time if the ph is in my pocket.. No one seems to have any ideas on what to do.
    For this reason alone I would not recommend this Ph to anyone.

10. jgscott987

jgscott987 Well-Known Member

I haven't experienced the quiet-ring syndrome, but the idea that if the phone is in motion, the ring volume should be reduced seems ridiculous to me. When my phone is moving, that generally means it is in my pocket where I want the volume louder not softer.

11. chrisjz

chrisjz Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried using AudioManager?? Thats what i use. I got the paid version so i can set shortcuts on my screen for different profiles. Also if that doesn't work, try using Sound Manager in the market.