Why is Note 10.1 already at such a reduced price in the UK?General

Last Updated:

1. Poitings

Poitings Member

I'm not complaining but at the Samsung Galaxy note has just recently been released and the 16GB wifi model was

Advertisement
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

3. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member

Someone at John Lewis said that they'd dropped the price to price match an offer by Tescos. And John Lewis give a two year guarantee.

It's just a pre Christmas offer I think - nothing sinister. The
  4. fam

fam Well-Known Member

Its $430 all day around here not a sale price after their recent price drop last week. That means its 268.49 of your pounds or 330 of those smelly euro\gyro things. I think they are just dropping it as they would any new tablet after the early adapters bought theirs. They probably had a bit more inventory and discounted it a little more to clear it out and get it more popular with all the other tablets in that price range.

However it was launched at 499 in the US (311 pounds) (399 @ launch in the UK)
  5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You've never been in Europe, have you? Then you do not know, that our prices are 30-50% higher than those in the US.
  6. fam

fam Well-Known Member

well its cheaper now in the UK with that rebate..so hit it up if you dont have it ;-)

Youre right...never been to europe yet.

Id like to go to london and ireland (and japan) before I die...but id have to wait till the kids are moved out...until then its disneyworld every year.
  7. Poitings

Poitings Member

Some good answers here.

I was just worried that I'd buy it and three months later an updated model with a much higher res screen would come out.

Good tip about the John Lewis one. So the Samsung store in the Westfield mall, Stratford don't give a 2 year warranty?
  8. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member

Most retailers give the minimum 1 year. John Lewis have two year as standard. You need to check with the samsung store.
  9. Poitings

Poitings Member

I went to John Lewis on Oxford street today but they were sold out. The dark blue one needs a few days and the white one is more popular so needs a week or so.

What's the best place to buy perhiphals for the note 10.1 such as a case or keyboard?
  10. toby53

toby53 Member

I've been watching John Lewis for a week or so, logged on this morning their web pages showing wite oos and only 1 available grey so I am picking that up tomorrow from our local Waitrose.
    Check Amazon for perhiphals, they have a good selection.

Case already on order
  11. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

Hey guys I bought one a few weeks ago when reduced to
  12. Poitings

Poitings Member

I just saw that they have more than ten white ones available at John Lewis so I ordered it online. I didn't know how long it would take to be delivered so I'm picking it up on Monday.
  13. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

I'd get it while reduced. I bought mine at full price, well my partner and I got one and my partner doesn't use hers, so tried to sell it less than two weeks after getting it and no one wants it for