why is the auto dial so fast!!Support

Last Updated:

1. stevepow

stevepow New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok this is the deal i call international all the time using the Boss calling card. I used to do this all the time with no problems on my iphone 3GS. This is the process i set up the phone to call the calling card number put in a pause dial the pin number put in a pause then dial the telephone number and everything worked flawlessly. but now since i use the HTC EVO it has been a disaster every time i try this the auto dial dials way too fast and the computer cant recognize the numbers. Its to the point that i have to add a pause every 3 numbers for 36 numbers and the phone still dials it too fast. why does the auto dial have to dial so fast i don't understand it. I know I cant be the only one having problems like this. Is there a way to slow down the speed of the auto dial ??? I don't care at this moment if i have to root it. I call international everyday and this is very important to me and even though I don't want to I would have to return this phone withing my thirty days just because the auto dial is way too fast. Is there a fix to this????? :(

Advertisement
  2. mgerity

mgerity Member

I have the EXACT same problem. I have my work voicemail entered into my contacts with my extension and password in the number. This worked flawlessly on my Palm Pre, but with my Evo Shift, the system fails to recognize the extension and password at least 3/4 of the time. I'm positive that the problem is caused by the absurdly fast dial speed that the phone uses.

Meanwhile, I can't put pauses between the numbers, because the pauses are too long, and that causes the system not to recognize the number either. (I find it ironic that Android dials 10x faster than my Plam did, but then makes the "short" pauses twice as slow.)

Has nobody found a solution to this problem in all this time?