Why is the battery cover so hard to get off this phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it just me? I feel like I'm going to accidentally launch my phone across the room when I try to open it.

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

I find it's really easy. I hold it in my left hand with the slot facing my right hand, back facing away from me. With my right thumb nail, I pry the slot which pops the bottom loose. From there, I run my thumb along the side on the top ( opposite the side with the micro-usb port ) popping that entire side loose. At this point, I can just peel the back off from the bottom side fairly easily.

Oh, and as for the reason: So the battery doesn't fall out. The back is the main thing that holds the battery in place. It doesn't have any kind of latch or anything, just friction. ( not like latches have ever worked anyways. All the phones I've seen a small drop always manages to dislodge the battery. )

jayefef likes this.
  3. regnak

regnak Member

The first time I opened my phone I was deathly afraid I was going to crack the screen when I was trying to get that battery cover off. Now after opening it a few times, and running the slightly larger 1500mAh battery it's a lot easier to pry open (not to mean it's loose though).

4. literacolax

literacolax Well-Known Member

why do you need to take the battery out so much that you have to worry about how hard it is to take the case off?

5. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

maybe if you have Vienna sausages for fingers otherwise it should be pretty easy

6. dragon999

dragon999 Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah. Must be huge keilbasa sausage fingers with no nails, and oily. Thick stubs which have no coordination. Ninja Turtle fingers, that's whatcha got! isn't it!

secretLOVER likes this.
  7. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

I also feel like this. What i do is use a credit card, or a supermarket tag on my keychain, or anything like that.

I jam it in the slot, then run it along the sides to detach the side as well

8. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

I have relatively small hands and I find it's a pain in the ass to take the cover off. I have two batteries and make use of them both, so I take the cover off a lot to swap them.

9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The extended battery cover I got from China was incredibly hard to remove. I almost broke my thumb nail trying to pry it off. What I ended up doing was taking a card (sams club to be exact) and using the corner to pop it off.

The stock cover though I find to be very easy to remove with my bear thumb.

10. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

Be happy theres not a problem with keeping the battery cover on. In fact, be happy you can even get into the back of the device unlike apple.....

11. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Yeah see I dont get what the problem is. With my old phone a small breeze could send the back cover flying and it drove me nuts. I don't want the back cover coming off unless I want it to. Nobody remembers someone dropping a flip phone in high school after trying to hide it and the back cover and battery go flying?

12. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

I agree. It's the lesser of all evils. That said, it is a pain in the ass, so I thought I'd agree with OP.

13. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

common this didnt help anyone? lol. Just shove the corner in there, and shimmy it along the sides. Doing it this way, i was able to keep a much better grip on the phone and not risk dropping my baby