Why is the battery meter in increments of 10?Support

Last Updated:

1. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is the one thing that grinds my gears about this phone. I downloaded battery widget and the battery meter goes in increments of 10. Not 93% battery life, 90. Not 72%, 70. Is there a setting to make the battery display the exact life left or is this it? Kind of annoying.

Advertisement
  2. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the 10% increments either, but I definitely do not like the fact that the usage stats restart if you restart the phone. I think that's stupid.

3. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

thats it. No way around it as of yet

4. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Would knowing your battery is at 74% instead of 70% make that much of a difference? Honestly aside from when one is nearing the 25% and below mark, I don't see what the big deal is.

5. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

Its not that big of a deal to me. However sometimes I'd like to know if my phone is at 79% or 71% when it just says 70%

6. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

While I'm not 100% positive, I'm pretty sure the amount displayed is rounded. So 74 will show as 70 and 79 will show as 80. But unless you are below 30%, there is really nothing to worry about.
    The real reason is doesn't show single percentages is because each one would require a different picture to make up what you see the notification bar. Having to redraw this so frequently would probably have an impact on battery life.

clos1084 likes this.
  7. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

I like it the way it is. But hey, if you have 74% showing instead of 70%, you're gonna be happier.

8. infil

infil Well-Known Member

thats one of the few things i miss from the eris, the htc battery widget.
    % remaining, mv level, temp etc was nice to have....then again i like info overload.