• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why is the EVO always referred to as the HTC EVO 4G?

Why is the EVO always referred to as the HTC EVO 4G? Would someone not realize what phone was being talked about if just EVO was used? Does the 4G have extra "ummphf" when it's used? Sorry folks, just thinking outloud.

Well now it is to distinguish it from the additions to the Evo family, The Evo Shift and the soon to be released Evo 3D

Upvote 0
Well... "Evo" has become a name identifying a brand/line and not just a phone. For instance... the Evo 4G, Evo Shift, Evo 3D. So I believe people refer to it as such because of 1. habit 2. to clarify.

I am not really sure if you wanted an answer to your question or if it was rhetorical. Anyway, here is a thread you may enjoy if you have not seen it yet regarding names of these devices:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/306456-can-we-please-stop-calling-evo-4g-o-g-evo-lieu-impending-release-evo-3d.html

Upvote 0
On these forums, I typically refer to the Evo as "Evo." I would think in a news article, press release, blog, etc, the first time the phone is mentioned, it'd be appropriate to call it by its full name. After that, it's fine as just the Evo.

Kinda like if a person is referenced in an article. First appearance should be first and last name. Subsequent references can be just last name.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones