Why is there little to no avertisements for the X compared to fascinate

Last Updated:

1. mac16

mac16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is really bugging me. From the day the fascinate came out I have seen non stop commericals for it on a whole plethora of different channels. I have probably seen 50+ commercials for the fascinate, while in that time I have seen ONE commercial for the X.

What gives? Why does the X get no love?

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

The X needs no advertisement. :)

3. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I believe a lot of it has to do with the actual manufacturer to advertise their product. Motorola seems to be focusing more on the Droid 2.

4. mac16

No im talking about the verizon commercials with the fascinate spinning around with the "fascination" song playing in the back ground. It is a verizon commercial. I have seen one verizon commercial for the x, but definitely a lot more for the droid 2 then the x. And thats not even taking into account all the galaxy s commercials..

Why would they advertise the fascinate more when they have the BOGO deal going, it seems that would put an even bigger dent in profit then selling the X.

Just kinda seems like verizon is getting behind the fascinate like its the best phone in their lineup instead of the X...

5. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

Technically speaking, the Fascinate stacks up a tad better than the X.

6. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

how?

7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the advertising.

Why would the X be getting ad space with Verizon? It was advertised heavily when it came out a couple months ago. I saw ads all the time with the guy in the office watching Blockbuster, and the woman outside who creates the little hotspot...

Now, they've got a new phone, so they're advertising it.

Why is this a surprise?

8. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

it may rely on the manufactures contract with verizon. probably something in there about the advert spending.

9. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

No it doesn't.

2GB internal memory on the Fascinate vs. 8GB on the X.

The AMOLED screen is nice but it is smaller. It has a lower resolution camera, no HDMI, and is slower.

10. fydave

fydave Active Member

From a business perspective, I don't believe the Droid X needs to be advertised as heavily as the other devices. I was checking around and every single Best Buy and Verizon Wireless in three states, MA, NH, and RI, are all sold out.

That isn't the case for any of the other devices right now.

11. Teegunn

GPU. Beyond that, quite similar.

12. Teegunn

I understand why the Fascinate is being advertised at this time. I was only responding to the poster above me.

13. jcage89

jcage89 Member

In Seattle area DX is advertised as much. Just think fascinate newer so a few more new ads.

14. Teegunn

And I have played around with a Fascinate in-store. Would still choose the X. Screen size meets my needs better. I would love a phone with a bigger screen to be honest. The X, being continually sold out, is doing well advertising or not.

15. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

I've seen one Verizon fascinate tv ad and 2 dx ads. 3 if you count that rule the air ad before the x was released.

16. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was really two separate thoughts, only the first line was responding to your post. Should have clarified.

17. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Would you advertise a product if it was backordered like the X? IMO, that's just as bad as those car dealers advertising those loss leader pricing on a popular car, but only having one available at that price.

18. TJ110158

TJ110158 Member

I think it has to do with the "LIFE SPAN" of the devices. I read somewhere that the END OF LIFE for the X will be next MARCH, were as the Fascinate and the Droid II's have not been announced yet. So why not push your newest product?

19. dangerous

dangerous Well-Known Member

I'm watching the Giants game and saw the X advertised. (Well they didn't say it was the X, just a full view of it).

20. xliderider

There's pics on the web already of the Galaxy S2. Doesn't help that Verizon is always last to come out with their phones when other carriers have had their Galaxy S phones out for weeks/months before the Fascinate was released.

21. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

yeah I saw one during the ravens game, the guy was just watching it, not really a commercial about the X though

22. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Plus the Fascinate just came out. The X came out in July. Back then there were more X commercials than now.

But...I have seen way more Fascinate commercials in these few weeks than I have of the X, Droid 2 and Inc combined since they came out...lol Its cool tho.

It was funny that some folks felt Verizon wasnt pushing the Fascinate enough recently..thats hard to believe when every time I turn around I hear that damn Fascination song...lol

23. mac16

It could be argued. They are very comparable, IMO cause the X has a higher res. camera, bigger screen, LED notification, 3 mics with noise cancellation, and IMO just better build quality.

But to your point, if the Fascinate is the better phone why are they giving away any other for free with it? Why would they give away any other for free with their nicest phone? Just doesnt make sense to me.

24. xliderider

I wondered about this as well... my guess is Verizon is really pushing for the sales numbers.

25. Teegunn

I didn't say it was a better phone, just that it has one of it's main specs that can be taunted as more powerful (GPU). I also don't think it's "better", but from a marketing standpoint it makes sense that Verizon would pimp the latest/greatest (don't they almost always?). I've spent about 20 minutes with the Fascinate, and it is a fine phone, but I do prefer the X overall, especially considering the larger screen size.