why isnt sending videos working

Last Updated:

1. dannytech_lt

dannytech_lt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

why cant i send videos from my evo to anyone?... its a 30mb bile but it wont email or nothing i cant even send it to my brother who has a evo to wtf

Advertisement
  2. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

Because the attachment limit for Gmail is 25mb I think.

3. dannytech_lt

well i knew that but what do i do? im sure someone out there has recordered a video for over 2 minutes and tried showing someone

4. tcmoon

tcmoon Member

Maybe send to Google file storage?

5. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

Try uploading it to Youtube or something. Or upload it to Qik.com if that works.

Better yet if you know in the future you will want to share it immediately, then change the recording quality to get a smaller file.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Upload to youtube and share. The only thing you can do, is if you know you are going to share a video, take the video at a lower resolution.

7. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

I'm still very disappointed at the video quality. It's horrible. It's way too blurry, and grainy, and only actually looks clear if you move the camera like 5 inches away from something. I just got done recording a clip of me walking from my room to my backyard, and then back. Previewed it, cant see shit at all except for the tiki torch I moved the camera up close to. 10 FPS until I was outside, then it varied to 20-24 and back to 10 when I came back inside. Something has to be done about this.

8. Steeler

Steeler Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the videos you send must be filmed in the lowest resolution...

So if you know that you will be sending it through the wifi/cell,

change the resolution before filming....

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Thats called focus. Any camera will only focus on one thing, so only that will be in focus, the rest will look blurry, that's how lenses look.

10. ThatNewAndroidGuy

Yea I know what focus is lol, thing is, everything should look somewhat clear when NOT focusing on a certain subject. Look at the iPhone 4 video, its clear, look at other videos, its clear, hell even my Sprint mogul can record much clearer video. And this is supposed to be a 720p HD camera phone? I mean I'm not asking for HD-DVD 720p quality, but dam can we at least read a sign 20 feet away? I just hope google can come out with something to fix the compression and add some codecs or something. It's almost unusable.

11. Edub97

Edub97 New Member

I use dropbox! and then share the folder works great

12. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

change your metering to average instead of spot and you should get better overall focus.

i have taken some nice video with this phone and treated it with 2-3 pull down into 24p and it looks pretty good.... having light on the subject is key to making great video... if you can diffuse it the better.. these videos you see with the iphone were probably done with some pre production and not just off the cuff... if you take time to make the light work for you then you will be amazed..

13. ThatNewAndroidGuy

Video was already on average. Do you have any videos you've taken uploaded? I'd like to just do a comparison.

14. dannytech_lt

the camcorder really does suck on this phone though , i recorded a couple of videos and the quality resembles my jailbroken iphone 3G with a fake camcorder but the quality under the dimmer light sucks im ashamed

15. ThatNewAndroidGuy

Yea, I just posted screen shots of the iPhone 4 and a recorded sample from my Evo.

http://androidforums.com/1040466-post15.html

Horrible horrible